Coach Carlo Ancelotti said Real Madrid was “disappointed” with a 1-1 draw against Atletico Madrid when a penalty was controversial “affecting the team”.
The defending champion of La Liga was entangled in a fierce battle with President La Liga, Javier Tebas last week the Derby clash, with Real complaining about the arbitration decisions made in the defeat against Espanyol. .
And the referee once again became the focus when Aurelien Tchouameni was said to have made a mistake with Samuel Lino in the penalty area – a decision that Atletico benefited by VAR’s intervention.
Kylian Mbappe continued to sublimate form to set the score of 1-1 final , but Ancelotti still felt disappointed with this draw.
“The second half took place well,” he said at the press conference. “The team feels disappointed because we believe we deserve to win – we are very close. But we have to be happy, we are still the leading team after a stressful week and now we have a one Weeks
quieter until Tuesday “.
“We have escaped from the match with good feeling. The penalty situation has affected the team. Previously we played too slowly, in the second half we played wider; Vinicius and Rodrygo created many dangers dangerous “.
“The team played very well. Everyone sacrificed; they recovered in a complicated match. Atletico defended and countered, in the defense they played very well. Tchouameni played a great match and they they I am very close to victory. ”
Ancelotti remained silent about the penalty decision, but said that the referee was in the most favorable position to make a decision when the ball happened. “Var blows the penalty, [but] the referee is very close to the situation and has seen what happened,” Ancelotti said.
“I found that Var blows a similar penalty for Athletic Bilbao before Girona. Football lovers do not understand this.”
Real coach added: “I don’t want to go into argument. I prefer to talk about the match. We have escaped the match with a draw. The team played very well, especially in the second half.” .
Meanwhile, coach Diego
“I think the referee has handled it best as possible,” Simeone said. “For some people, Ceballos should have received a red card directly … At least I think the referee should check it with Var, but others may not agree.”
“He made his decision and it was his decision, and the referee Var said that they did not need to call the referee. Finally, I thought he did a good job “.